Chat freely about anything...

By rant
#30794 I am keep getting error for trying to set it as server .
Also i am always getting garbage(or is it reset?) after setting the CWMODE to 3 ) check it out :

Code: Select allready
AT+CWMODE?

+CWMODE:1

OK
AT+CWMODE=3

OK
�,6 ZG�gF�|F
CBZGs���*+���PC���Thinker Technology Co. Ltd.

ready
AT+CWSAP="name","1234567890",1,3

ERROR

Have tried everything!
By EspFan
#30817 That would be a reset. The junk serial data is printed upon boot since it is at a different bps.

What is your power source? Do you have any capacitors on there? Try adding a 100 or 470uf capactitor.
By rant
#30821 Thanks, have you read the problem ? This is an error in software only .

its a pcb that we have developed with everything needed. Why a power source could be a problem ?

Can it be because of the 0.9.5 version ??? i am feeling the only person on earth working in AT command and there is not help from anywhere !
By martinayotte
#30829 It is really possible that you have problem with power supply, because otherwise, doing an "AT+CWMODE=3" would not producing a reset. And after that "strange" reset, maybe it becomes back to CWMODE=1, so simple STA, and that would explain why doing an AT+CWSAP is giving you an error, because this command is invalid in STA mode.
Power supply issue has been the problem of more than 25% of the people on this forum, simply because this ESP8266 chip is really hungry when RF is starting. Make sure you PSU is strong enough, and add a 100uF or 470uF capacitor nearby the ESP power pins. If you still have this reset after having done those precaution, we will try to find another explaination, but for now, it is clearly a PSU problem.