Chat freely about anything...

By xtal
#31275 If you are using the FT232RL usb adapter, I would highly suspect it. I had 10 of the units, only 2 out of the 10 would load flash reliably. I switched to a prolific style [ that was crystal controlled] no more issues, The Ft232 appears to have problems with long transfers, short transfers worked fine.
good luck ......
By Agentsmithers
xtal wrote:If you are using the FT232RL usb adapter, I would highly suspect it. I had 10 of the units, only 2 out of the 10 would load flash reliably. I switched to a prolific style [ that was crystal controlled] no more issues, The Ft232 appears to have problems with long transfers, short transfers worked fine.
good luck ......

Can you send over a link and Ill order one today and try it out.
By Agentsmithers
Agentsmithers wrote:
xtal wrote:If you are using the FT232RL usb adapter, I would highly suspect it. I had 10 of the units, only 2 out of the 10 would load flash reliably. I switched to a prolific style [ that was crystal controlled] no more issues, The Ft232 appears to have problems with long transfers, short transfers worked fine.
good luck ......

Can you send over a link and Ill order one today and try it out.

I think I might have a CP2102 at home. I think it only pushes out 5v?
That one seems it does 3.3v though? Does it require you to soldier two joins together to bring down the voltage?