Chat freely about anything...

By Lee
#31204 Hi,

I've cloned the got re[podotiry, tried cd'ing Into Arduino/Build and running
Code: Select allant dist
and keep running into the following problem:

Code: Select allBUILD FAILED
/Users/lee/Projects/NodeMCU/Arduino/build/build.xml:97: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/lee/Projects/NodeMCU/Arduino/build/build.xml:83: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/lee/Projects/NodeMCU/Arduino/build/build.xml:119: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/lee/Projects/NodeMCU/Arduino/arduino-core/build.xml:41: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

The is close to being the last hurdle in my project and other than a Windows 10 VM on a super-charged Mini recently updated to Fusion 8 from Windows 8.1 Pro I've only access to a MacBook Air 11" which is my working machine and a number of Mini's acting either as Plex boxes connected to TVs and one as a headless server for Plex. I'd rather not go installing development.

I saw somewhere that the OS X build wasn't marked as built as a pre-compiled binary. On it was on hackaday.io:

[img]https://cdn.hackaday.io/images/4748611428380290579.png/img]

Can someone please give some guidance as the Air is the ideal machine for me to be working on my ESP12-E. Once I can configure this and get it connected to the network my self-written C# SSDP discovery software can find it, start querying JSON through the RESTful API and then I'm close to finishing my prototype and can finish up my PCB design and get going ready for Kickstarter.

Any help appreciated. Despite 20 years of C/C++ and the last 10 with .NET Iand the occasional bash script I'm lost in cross-platform development with
Code: Select alland
[code][make[code] etc. Once up and running I do pick things up quickly though.

Thanks,
Lee.