Chat freely about anything...

By Lee
#31205 My hope was, and its my fault for not investigating correctly, to have a simple push button on my device (the software uses and FSM) to allow selecting different modes such as WPS, reset, power on/off, engineer mode - where it by passes the ESP12-E completely and allows an engineer (its a Wi-Fi controlled thermostat for electric underfloor heating) to disable and thus bypass all my circuitry so he can connect to to the secondary 6 way terminal block with his test gear when in the engineer state.

One the most important states is obviously WPS/network connection. Having had a new HP printer yesterday I discovered that Apple only support Pin and 'First Attempt' WPS discovery for printers. This is typically is sucky of Crapple!

Any ideas how to work around this. Can this 'First Attempt' feature work with WPS whether a printer or not or am I going to have to do things like the Belkin WeMo Insight and act as an access point which you then scans for networks and allows you to choose one, enter the password and connect then you write the necessary details to EEPROM to a allow normal connection from day to day? This is far from ideal as while some of the planned devices are for non-novices due to 240V wiring etc most of the devices are I have planned are either battery or USB powered and as such not suited to such connection hassle.

Any input welcomed... thanks,
Lee,