Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#31493 Cheap devices somehow tend to attract people that don't want to spend either money or time (learning). For Atmel (ATtiny and ATmega) it's alike. I was brought up with the concept that "nothing is for free", the result of the factor price X effort is always constant. Less price means more effort. If it wouldn't be that way, the higher priced articles would have no reason to exist. It's all just common sense.

I've spend almost a year to get a good understanding of the ESP8266 and I still learn, everyday. I think that's fun and enriching. I don't have to make money out of it. Money always spoils the fun. And at least I make sure I do have some understanding of IP and HTTP before starting to try to use it :D One can hardly blame Espressif for that ;)
By martinayotte
#31525 Here is what I've posted int the other thread :

The biggest problem is that AT firmware form Espressif, at least last time I've used it, is not handling escape sequence, so we can't send such sequence in a terminal, it won't be translated to CR+LF and will stay as "\r\n" and be send directly like that.

There is not ony CRLF issue here, the problem is the HTTP response here is incomplete, it requires also "Connection: close", "Content-Type" as well as "Content-Length", many browser will still try to read the response over and over if length is unknown which lead people to think that response is not coming, but in fact, it is the browser that doesn't display it yet because it is searching for the end.
By eriksl
#31533 I think that if you're making something "professional" (i.e. something you're going to sell), you shouldn't be bothering with the AT-firmware anyway. It's very error-prone to try to squeeze machine based communications into AT commands (and replies). The AT firmware is only good for playing around, imho.