Chat freely about anything...

By Ales D,
#31931 Hello, i recently bought esp-8266 esp-07.
This is the short version:
-out of box modul response to AT command bud baud rate was set to 115200 and change back
after every restar even if i change it to different value.So i try upload new firmware and there is
the problem, every attempt fail. Uploading of new firmware stuck around 6% , i try ESP8266_flasher,
nodemcu-flasher and esptool.py all with same result.

Now i have dead module.If anybody have any information abot this it will be very helpful.
Thank you for you time reading this.(sorry for the language)
Ales D.
Attachments
Bez názvu.png
esptool.py
By kolban
#31941 How are you powering the ESP8266? Some stories seem to be present that recommend using a separate power source for the ESP8266. What kind of USB->UART connector are you using? Have you tried a different USB->UART converter?
By Ales D,
#31944 I use 5V/3.3V breadboard power supply and FT232RL USB To Serial 232 Adapter AT23, for now i have only
this adapter.Power supply GND and USB/Serial adapter GND are connected together.
By kolban
#31956 Searching on this forum on FT232RL seems to show that some other folks had problems with these. I think it would be really interesting if you tried a different USB->UART device and see if that makes a difference. Since they are only a few dollars, it shouldn't break the bank if that isn't the problem ... the grief though is that you'll have to wait for them to be delivered (assuming you have to mail order them).