Chat freely about anything...

By Pigs Fly
#33593 Weird thing - sometimes I'll put together a bare ESP module just by itself for a temporary task. No enclosure, just the module soldered to power wires and a probe or two hanging off it. In the last two cases they were in a shop where spiders tend to cover things in webs after a while, not real heavy, but enough I could pick up the module by the web.

They almost always quit communicating when the webs build up. The signal will noticeably reduce over days or a week until it's no longer able to connect to the wifi router. I like to blast spiders with a torch, so I'll hit the module with a brief fireball of flaming MAPP gas to clear the webs and it's all back to normal for a week or two.

Ever encountered this problem? This article suggests that the webs are conductive, but I'd never heard of that before, and never imagined it was possible until asking that question of the internet.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 113339.htm
By tve
#33680 Wow! Pigs Fly, Spiders zap esp8266's and modules get blasted with a fireball of MAPP! You must have an exciting and entertaining shop! :-) :-)
[sorry, I don't have anything of substance to contribute, but your post made me smile :-)]