Chat freely about anything...

By darkipod
#33647 Hello, I have been attempting to see if I can get my MSP430 to receive commands through UART over WiFi using an ESP8266. I have not found definitive answers but I believe that the ESP8266 communicates using TTL which would require 5V? And the MSP430 is a 3.3V device. Does anyone have experience with these and an MSP430?
By picstart
#33658 The esp8266 is a 3.3v device. The use of TTL is a bit ambiguous. TTL is often 5v and is the inverse of RS232 as to polarity.
The esp8366 UART is at 3.3v with TTL polarity..so it is TTL at 3.3v
By martinayotte
#33659 I've hookup an ESP with LPC1768 almost 8 months ago, and more recently with STM32F405.
I don't see any reason with you would not succeed with an MSP430 regarding any hardware issues.
Still, you have to develop proper software on both sides depending of your requirements.
By darkipod
#33664 I see! Well my requirements are really quite simple, I just want the ESP to act as a access point for me to connect my laptop, and then from there I just want it to feed commands from my terminal to MSP430, the main goal is to control my RC car's remote, ( I know its a round about way but I have other uses this is just for proof of concept). Can anyone point me in the right direction for learning how to write the communication for the ESP?