Chat freely about anything...

By kolban
#33780 My loose thinking was that when one executes a vTaskDelay() then the current task is flagged as not eligible for execution and hence any task (main or otherwise) would be eligible for execution. I had assumed that the internal scheduler, when there are a choice of tasks eligible to run would then use the priority of a given task for selection of which actual one to run.
By kolban
#34580 As I continued to read examples of FreeRTOS on ESP8266, I was unable to see anything wrong in my code but yet other almost identical examples were working.

I decided to start again not borrowing anything from what I had previously. This time it worked flawlessly. I must conclude that I had made a mistake somewhere in my previous setup. I'm not inclined to spend the time and compare what I had previously to what I have now as the likliest outcome would be the spotting of a mistake on my part. So I am going to simply assume that I made a mistake in my previous project, archive it and move on.
By kolban
#34608 I'm just so excited by FreeRTOS ... I have this horrible feeling that FreeRTOS has been here all along ... but now I am getting my mind around it, I'm staggered why I have been using the non-OS SDK all this time. The FreeRTOS with its sockets() API support is just so much more consumable.