Chat freely about anything...

By ErikLem
#35807 After playing with arduino's for a while using 433Mhz communication, I recently stumbled upon the world of ESP8266. It seems like a awsome pice of kit, so I quicly ordered one, a ESP01. I already found tons of (sometimes contradicting) tutorials, so I already expected to be up for a challenge.

Yesterday I received the module and today I started playing around with it.
At first I followed this tutorial, connecting it up to a arduino nano: http://blog.huntgang.com/2015/01/20/ard ... r-example/ I used a separate module like this to supply the 3.3v: Image

The ESP was lighting up with a blue and red led, and I could even see the wifi network it created with my phone. I was however not able to send any AT command, neither was there any output in the arduino serial monitor.

I then tried hooking it up to a FTD1232, following this wiring schema:

Now I was able to get some output starting with the date and some other info, comming around again and again. I was however still not able to send any AT commands. (I was by the way only able to get any results while using the power from the FTD, using the external power supply I only got jibberish)

After some googling, I decided it was best to put the newest firmware in, wich I found here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Intro-E ... bin-files/

Flashing with esp8266_flasher.exe worked pretty well, but it seems I now still don't have a proper functioning ESP8266. All is does now is constantly dump this message:

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(3,6)

wdt reset
load 0x40100000, len 212, room 16
tail 4
chksum 0x5e
load 0x3ffe8000, len 788, room 4
tail 0
chksum 0x1c
load 0x3ffe8314, len 72, room 8
tail 0
chksum 0x55
csum 0x55
jump to user1

So now I'm a bit stuck... I read some posts that it sould have to do with insuficient power supply, but when I try to use the external power supply, I get nothing...
After the flashing I also don't see the module as a wireless network anymore when I check with my phone.
Any idea in what direction I should go from here? Did I not use the right firmware? is there any better firmware I should try?