Chat freely about anything...

By shoelessone
AndyGadget wrote:The thing you don't want to do is replace the LED with a link as this would increase the current drawn. Just desolder (or crunch) it, which would leave its series resistor leg floating (which is not a problem). The LED serves no other purpose other to show that the 3V3 supply is present.
What I plan to do is keep my first yellow board (with all its LEDs) as a test bed and then use either these or other configurations for actual projects once the code is proven to work.

Well, wouldn't remove it break the circuit that it's connected to? I guess maybe I didn't notice or look close enough, but it didn't seem like it was running parallel?

Also, off topic a bit, but my original plan was to use the test boards (I bought something like 15 of them originally!) in this xmas present idea (see the finished version/board here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7381), but like you I ended up deciding that to build 8 of the circuits I would need it was just easier to design a PCB. So now I will justbuild random silly little things with these for fun/learnings :).

Thanks again!