Chat freely about anything...

By myelin
#42379 Tom, are you still working on this? I've taken your boot.txt and mapped out a bunch more stuff -- traced the code that reads boot_sel and sdio_boot_sel, fixed up the addresses to strings that get copied from _rom_store into ram (4000e388 - 4000fe38 in rom, 3fffc000 - 3fffdab0 in ram), and various other bits. I'm trying to understand the boot process better, especially finding out why the JTAG pins are only enabled for the SDIO boot modes (GPIO15 high on startup), and whether I can get the chip to map the SPI flash anyway. If you want to throw your file up on github, I'll send you a pull request with my changes.
By pfalcon
schufti wrote:do you know this guys findings?
https://richard.burtons.org/2015/05/22/ ... ing-rboot/

Yes. It's from 2015, so let's hope that everyone interested in the topic knows about them.

would really be a feature if you can find out why the bootloader can't handle internal "deepsleep wake-up" w/o external reset (see here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12180)

That's exactly why the projects like this exist, and the latest reincarnation with ScratchABit goes much farther and deeper than any of the previous attempts. So, don't hesitate to delve into the disassembly listing, you will have much more fun doing that with the ScratchABit tool itself.