Chat freely about anything...

By cendev
#6783 I got under the shield and swapped the spi chips Of my ESP01 / lua with ESP07 /?? and found out that there is an AT Firmware installed on the chip.

This is the output of ESP01 with the spi chip of ESP07

L:cs%ÿÿ¨¬9¡åúÈ@J?ɀè
[Vendor:www.ai-thinker.com Version:0.9.2.4]

That must be a pinout issue, Something is not right...
By samehhady
#6790 I've just received my ESP-07, it is the 16 pin version with blue led always on.
I was able to flash it easily by connecting
Code: Select allGPIO15 to GND
CH_PD to VCC
GPI0 to GND

What I did is adding a button to connect the GPI0 to GND, when I want to flash it i remove the FTDI and press on the button then put back the FTDI cable then stop pressing on the button.

What I've noticed is if you are on the flash mode the FTDI led will not blink but if you are on normal mode it will blink fast.
By cendev
samehhady wrote:I've just received my ESP-07, it is the 16 pin version with blue led always on.
I was able to flash it easily by connecting
Code: Select allGPIO15 to GND
CH_PD to VCC
GPI0 to GND

What I did is adding a button to connect the GPI0 to GND, when I want to flash it i remove the FTDI and press on the button then put back the FTDI cable then stop pressing on the button.

What I've noticed is if you are on the flash mode the FTDI led will not blink but if you are on normal mode it will blink fast.

soldered the 4th module, just in case this problem of mine can be caused by floating pins, i only soldered tx rx gpio15 gnd vcc and ch_pd.. I know that there is a workin at firmware on them but.. nothing... just nothing again.. :/ gonna try to trace the pin wire and try to find if something is wrong with whole lot/delivery...
By ecotpl0721
gerardwr wrote:
ecotpl0721 wrote:and all that I can see is the RX led blink on the FT232RL, the ESP-07 just sits there with the blue power LED lit and no other activity at all. I have even tried several different FT232RL adapters with the same exact results.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here? :?:

Not really, I don't see any mistakes, you seems to be well informed on the use of the ESP, and you have already flashed new firmware, so basically it seems OK.

I have an ESP-01 running, and today I got an ESP-07 (from Banggood) "in". I just started connecting it.

Maybe my fresh experience helps, maybe not:
- On my ESP-7 from Banggood the Power LED is RED (not BLUE), it lights up when the power lines are connected (duh!)
- When powered on, and you then connect CH-PD to Vcc, the BLUE LED flashes shortly. On the ESP-01 the Blue led is connected to the ESP-TX line. It flashes because the bootloader is sending serial output on the ESP-TX line, guess it's the same for the ESP-07.
- If you don't see the BLUE LED flashing with these 3 connections, I guess you're in real trouble.

If the BLUE led flashes, I would:
- check your power source. I have used the 3.3V line from an FT232. Initially that seemed to work OK, but later I have experienced unreliable reset behaviour, firmware uploads, etc. When I switched to 2 AA batteries in series all troubles were gone..
- check that RX and TX on the USB-serial adapter is what you expect it to be. Often the TX and RX on usb-serial are labeled in reverse. If the adapter has LEDs on the TX and RX line, the LED on the receiving line should flash similar as the Blue LED on the ESP
- there should be some "gibberish" in your terminal from the ESP bootloader, its serial data with a weird baudrate. If you don't get this data in you terminal, either your connections are wrong, or the firmware on the ESP does not send bootloader to the serial port.
- check that your serial terminal is set for CR/LF

That's all the help I can give you right now, now returning to further connecting my own ESP-07. Nice board!!

Let us know if you have any progress.

How did you do with your ESP-07? Is is working? See my tests below, all failed. Waiting on my supplier and possibly Espressif for input.

ESP-07_tests.jpg
ESP-07 Tests

Tried terminal at baud rates 110, 150, 300, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400, 460800, 921600.
No characters at all on serial terminal.
Tried different USB RS232 TTL Serial Adaptors of type FTDI FT232RL and Silicon Login CP2102 same result, no communications.
Able to enter flash mode 1 time on 1 module only. Modules will not operate in normal boot mode.
No default SSID showing for any module powered on.
Trials on separate modules are the same result.

Anyone having any luck or encountering this problem?