Chat freely about anything...

By fishka18rus
cendev wrote:
alonewolfx2 wrote:
cendev wrote:That 1 time gives me a great hope.. As i mentioned, Modules draw 25~mA :/ also tried some gpio16 And rst pin combinations.. No response..

Maybe esp07 have issue with chpd as amatron said. 25~mA mean module working but not activated maybe. can you try this ?

I also suspected about that And tried to set Chip enable high Directly from THE Chip But nope.. But i was in a hurry so not sure about CHPd issue. Will give it a shot Again

My little story about ESP-07 with blue power led and red actvity led.
I ordered two modules ESP-07 on aliexpress. Modules have been received and began suffering - the blue LED light only. Silence in terminal. I searched through many forums and was convinced that includes modules correctly. Had one option - hot air gun. I removed the cover from the unit and found that the resonator should clearly not correct. With the same hot air gun I unsolder resonator and turned it 90 degrees. Hastily solder wire and connect to the serial port converter. Run the terminal, power module on and voila! I see that the module is loaded.

Sorry that some emotionally, but I spent a lot of nerves, while trying to figure out why this does not work damn module. ESP-12 came earlier start without problems.
Attachments
success.jpg
module with resoldered oscillator, reflashed and ready to work.
after1.jpg
resoldered oscillator
oscillator placed incorrect.jpg
before1.jpg
By cendev
fishka18rus wrote:
I ordered two modules ESP-07 on aliexpress. Modules have been received and began suffering - the blue LED light only. Silence in terminal. I searched through many forums and was convinced that includes modules correctly. Had one option - hot air gun. I removed the cover from the unit and found that the resonator should clearly not correct. With the same hot air gun I unsolder resonator and turned it 90 degrees. Hastily solder wire and connect to the serial port converter. Run the terminal, power module on and voila! I see that the module is loaded.

Sorry that some emotionally, but I spent a lot of nerves, while trying to figure out why this does not work damn module. ESP-12 came earlier start without problems.

Confirmed...

You apologized for being emotionally, i'm redifining my "mixed feelings" states.. I'm not happy, nor sad.. I'm feelin dumb as hell... Thank you man.. thank you.. I owe you some beer.. :(
By ecotpl0721
cendev wrote:
fishka18rus wrote:

Confirmed...

You apologized for being emotionally, i'm redifining my "mixed feelings" states.. I'm not happy, nor sad.. I'm feelin dumb as hell... Thank you man.. thank you.. I owe you some beer.. :(

So basically you are saying that the resonator was improperly placed and soldered during the pick and place process at the factory?
By cendev
ecotpl0721 wrote:
cendev wrote:
fishka18rus wrote:

Confirmed...

So basically you are saying that the resonator was improperly placed and soldered during the pick and place process at the factory?

Exactly :/ tried on 2 modules