Chat freely about anything...

By Geert
#55930 I know, so I'm not using any external hardware (except a speaker of course). I also tried to change the CPU frequency setting in Arduino, but it doesn't seem to change anything...

Are you running at 80Mhz or 160Mhz?
By chrisc413
#61598 I got the example code working with the microsecond timer on an Adafruit HUZZAH esp8266

I uploaded an 8bit WAV file using 8000HZ sampling. (FYI I performed the actual upload using this guide: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10081 )

When the file plays there is a constant clicking noise that is significantly louder than the music I uploaded. I didn't notice this same sound in the demo videos on youtube of esp PWM audio.

I tried adding a simple low pass filter (guide from this tutorial https://learn.adafruit.com/trinket-audi ... r?view=all) but it made no difference.

I've tried different speakers/headphones/powered speakers and different audio samples and they all have the same intrusive buzz.

Could it be the breakout board circuitry? Any other ideas?
By vcch
#65037 How clean is your powersource ? Trying to power the speaker from a different power source than the ESP, if possible stable (batteries)