Chat freely about anything...

By ArnieO
jvandenbroek wrote:You can find my fork of this repository on https://github.com/jvandenbroek/ESP8266 ... ent-bridge with GPIO2 switching option. Just flash the 2 bin files in the firmware folder and you're good to go.

Usage is simple:
Code: Select all+++AT GPIO2 <1|0>                        # set GPIO2 pin HIGH or LOW (1/0)

Nothing else has changed.
Enjoy!

Dear jvandenbroek: Thank you, THANK YOU! Your addition works just great!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
A big thank you also to dacb who made the code initially! THANK YOU!

I have a project I built last year that has been in pieces on my workbench, waiting for me to figure out how to program the built-in Arduino Nano clone via wifi using an ESP8266. The tricky part turned out to be the resetting of the Nano just before starting the upload of the hex file. Numerous attempts failed, including using the WDT, maybe due to timing issues.
The new command "+++AT GPIO2 2" was exactly what I needed, connected to the reset pin of the nano it resets it beautifully.
My project is a staircase LED RGB lighting installed under the stairs, with 13 cables running to individual RGB strips under each stairstep nose. Meaning that taking it down for reprogramming was a pain in the proverbial a**.
THANK YOU GUYS!
And now... time to reassemble and reinstall!
By jvandenbroek
ArnieO wrote:Dear jvandenbroek: Thank you, THANK YOU! Your addition works just great!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
A big thank you also to dacb who made the code initially! THANK YOU!

I have a project I built last year that has been in pieces on my workbench, waiting for me to figure out how to program the built-in Arduino Nano clone via wifi using an ESP8266. The tricky part turned out to be the resetting of the Nano just before starting the upload of the hex file. Numerous attempts failed, including using the WDT, maybe due to timing issues.
The new command "+++AT GPIO2 2" was exactly what I needed, connected to the reset pin of the nano it resets it beautifully.
My project is a staircase LED RGB lighting installed under the stairs, with 13 cables running to individual RGB strips under each stairstep nose. Meaning that taking it down for reprogramming was a pain in the proverbial a**.
THANK YOU GUYS!
And now... time to reassemble and reinstall!

I'm glad to hear that my contribution helped you with your project :) Thanks for sharing!
By shekel
#14919 excited about this firmware, the idea of a transparent bridge to an mcu is just what i need for working with arduino/firmata <> nodejs/johnny-five
got it working after following rudiswiki guide
im also using jvandenbroek fork of the original, for the added reset option, which i have yet to try.

here its in the flashing process, im UARTing straight to the esp8266

my only gripe, a serious blocker, is the inability to assign a new ssid from the uart side*.
i understand from the comments here my only option to set SSID via uart.
1. reflash to AT firmware
2. change ssid
3.reflash to transparent firmware

anything else comes to mind?
[edit] mybe switching to AP mode when some gpio pin is pulled down.

* just misstyped my ssid on the telnet side and have to go thru this...