Chat freely about anything...

By VK5OI
#17463 Great stuff thanks!
I have it working fine when I test it with socket test, but I would really like to make it work bi-directionally...if that is correct?
I would like to use this to replace a serial connection with comms both ways, possibly by using a VCP (virtual comm port) driver or software.
Would this require an additional MCU or similar to handle the server/client stuff or am I missing something.
By sigrokBlack
#17482 Of course, but there wasn't any wifi, I could connect to, to use putty...

The solution:
If you had Nodemcu installed, you have to restore the ESP8266 to normal AT firmware, and then flash the TCP-Bridge bin!

But I discoverd a bug an Android 5:
But then I try to connect to the tcp server on port 23 I sometimes can't build up a connection....just trying to connect......but nothing happens.......(tested with multiple apps) On my pc, I always get a connection.....
By ArnieO
VK5OI wrote:Great stuff thanks!
I have it working fine when I test it with socket test, but I would really like to make it work bi-directionally...if that is correct?
I would like to use this to replace a serial connection with comms both ways, possibly by using a VCP (virtual comm port) driver or software.
Would this require an additional MCU or similar to handle the server/client stuff or am I missing something.

It *is* a transparent bridge, with serial comms in both directions between the comuter and an MCU or similar, connected to the Rx/Tx Lines of the ESP.