Chat freely about anything...

By chandan2002x
#17071 Thanks Alex,
I am just busy with some related stuff like mobile app to communicate with these ESP. And the primary step is over. Hopefully it will be a great app. Both UDP and TCP server inside ESP with 128-bit encryption algo inside to over-check the data stream beyond WPA/2.
BTW, those who are looking for UDP tool, I have recently released a Windows mobile app "UDP Broadcaster" that may be handy to discover your ESP (though, you have to implement UDP server inside ESP).

Now, regarding the MESH, fortunately, I can see the clear direction without glitches to implement the network. The "node-node" communication will be done very soon once I am free !
There is a tentative future:
1. A complete mesh and node-node communication
2. Concept of Global mesh. Multiple mesh connected in different parts of WLAN can communicate. Multiple mesh connected in different part of Internet can talk each other [Oh! Cloud must be there]
3. A light-weight encryption algorithm. I just implemented TEA. Its damn cool than AES. Oh! I know, the limitation of symmetric key. Relax! Our Key will be dynamic with will vary for ESP to ESP and may be over time also. So, one brute-force will not work for all :D . And a single firmware will work for all modules [No customization or configuration will be necessary for router or coordinator or end-node or even encryption key]
4. Just like others, I am not in the mood to give a brand-name of my mesh, but I am targeting to make a nice light-weight protocol which can be implemented any WIFI module for mesh or even in mobile or computer. As I am trying to stick with Protocol and application layer, I think it will be globally applicable without poking or probing the drivers or network layer ;)

Current status: The mesh-coordinator can now connect with external world (in my approach, practically there is no-concept of router, all nodes can be a router too if it has any child :geek:

Oh ! One info, people may be annoyed to flash the firmware over serial port, particularly the time it takes. It is worse in my case as sometimes I needed to flash it 1000 timed a day. I have just included a small part to update by WLAN (follow bananis thread named "Local cloud update"). For this aspect, people may have problem to configure IIS in windows, I have made a tool which will act as a server so that you need not to run IIS. Subsequently I have created the AWS account and porting my firmwares[I just need to send a mail to update the firmware in AWS cloud :geek: ] so that it can be used and updated globally. However, I shall discuss it sometime in different thread.

Thanks, and I shall update status and inform if I need any help.