Chat freely about anything...

By chandan2002x
@chandan2002x is your code on Github so we can have a look or maybe even try it out ?

Sorry. the code is not in github. The code is in very clumsy state as of now. I am working on it. And I am also lagging in documentation part. There are serious modifications in many files.
However, I shall be sharing the binary in couple of days to enough features to indicate the possibility of Mesh in very near future.
By scargill
#5564 This would be fantasitic - like others I am very interested. I wasted months on the NRF24L01 boards, their range is rubbish. Putting Ethernet cards around the place is no good when you have a wife who does not want WIRES.

My ideal would be to be able to access one unit from externally, acting as a TCP/IP listener - for Apps like NETIO... and be able to connect to any unit from there. I could see a use for the ESPs as stand-alone units but there will be times when there is no-where near enough power to handle peripherals and so would like to be able to use them in conjunction with, say an Arduino or DUE.... simply as an internal communication "block".

I will be looking in and very much hope this develops into a reliable network.

chandan2002x wrote:
@chandan2002x is your code on Github so we can have a look or maybe even try it out ?

Sorry. the code is not in github. The code is in very clumsy state as of now. I am working on it. And I am also lagging in documentation part. There are serious modifications in many files.
However, I shall be sharing the binary in couple of days to enough features to indicate the possibility of Mesh in very near future.
By chandan2002x
#5579 Please find the attached.
Just flash the binary in respective locations
1. Blank.bin-> 0x7E000
2. boot_v1.1.bin -> 0x00000
3. user1.in ->0x01000
4. user2.bin-> 0x41000
5. ...default.bin-> 0X7C000

How will it behave?
Just flash the firmware to multiple (more than 2, I expect.....however if two, then also you may see some part) ESP and connect them to UART (not required at all, but will help you to see the debug msg :D )
1. All ESP will automatically find and sets its APIP, SSID (10 digit, as of now).
2. ALL ESP will be connected to its near-by Best AP (in the series of "MESH-abcde" SSID) ignoring other available AP.
3. If any AP lost, it will search for next best available AP and will be connected.
4. At every 15 sec, it will scan the current AP status and every 2 mins it will search for any other AP available in locality to connect with. In 15 sec, if current AP fails, it will search for full scan (The uart console may be disturbing as it shows many info, however, I have tried to trim to give the basic main glimpse)
5. Some other features that you may like:
a. Link capacity has been increased to 255 from 5 (Try it with putty or telnet at port 9999)
b. The main device AT commands are "almost undisturbed " however, there may be some changes/eefects in some cases such as "+CWJAP" will return "Already connected" if the AP is already connected.
c. Some AT command has been introduced (such as +CIPUPDATEC for local cloud update, +THINGSPEAK, +CROUTE, +GPIOC but I shall explain later, they may have some bugs and temporary disabled, needs testing)

However, as I am working on routing algorithm, you may see some communication just after node association.
Thanks. I believe, the descriptions are not enough but I am actually busy in code and bugs and hope someday proper documentation may be available.

As of now, SSID are open, but definitely in couple of week, there will be "dynamic password" with WPA/2.
As of now SSID are visible, but relax, very soon all will be hidden so that your WiFi search screen will not be clumsy :)

Still I am looking for "SSID size increase" and also "RF power control". Your help may escalate the development speed.
Please report your testing and expectation and desired features that I can incorporate.

Enjoy the Christmas !
Attachments
(271.97 KiB) Downloaded 566 times
By scargill
#5581 Well I for one will be looking in over the christmas regularly - I'll have to cobble together some 3v3 supplies to make 2 or 3 test rigs. Looking forward to developments - thanks for putting binaries out for those of us who might be compiler-challenged... so much potential here...