Chat freely about anything...

By boris_blackmilk
#19898 Ben,

If we are able to secure some source code, are you able to document your setup, experience and findings from the Burning Man project? I admit, I'd love to see the Man burn at least once in my life, but for the time being, I'm looking to deploy the mesh network in impoverished areas in the Philippines. I have some assistance of local makerspaces over there at this early stage, and some people on the ground in Samar willing to help as well.

Many thanks mate!

Shane.
By Ben Baron
boris_blackmilk wrote:Ben,

If we are able to secure some source code, are you able to document your setup, experience and findings from the Burning Man project? I admit, I'd love to see the Man burn at least once in my life, but for the time being, I'm looking to deploy the mesh network in impoverished areas in the Philippines. I have some assistance of local makerspaces over there at this early stage, and some people on the ground in Samar willing to help as well.

Many thanks mate!

Shane.

Hi Shane, that sounds like a very cool project! Whether we get access to this source or not, I'll be implementing some mesh networking for my project one way or another. I'm happy to do a write up post once I finish. Currently my source code is available on Github (https://github.com/einsteinx2/ESP8266) so you can follow that repo to see my progress. It should be updated a lot in the next few weeks, as Burning Man is getting closer and I'm getting more serious with my schedule.
By chandan2002x
lumo wrote:Hi chandan200x,

i am interested in your code. Can you release it as open source ? Or may, you want sell it ?

Regards,
lumo

You can understand the MESH is not completed, but you can test and indicate the features you expect. (I am just little busy with zero crossing detection and firing angle control inside the ESP core :D )