Chat freely about anything...

By Bill MacIntyre
#45481 I have a temperature logger working fine on a regular access point but want to use it for monitoring temperatures at a local Library where a friend is installing Window tinting.
The only WIFI available is the free WiFi provided by the city but it redirects you to a home page where you need to click accept before you can use the WIFI.
My ESP8266 seems to connect OK and displays an IP.
If I write to ThingSpeak I don't get any errors but also do not see the "Got disconnect' like I normally do.
Also I wrote some code to get the time from Google and it doesn't return any payload, although it does when using an iPhone tethered hotspot
So it definitely looks like I have a connection but no Internet
Anyone know the easiest method to get around this?
I assume you would need to somehow try to request a web page, check if you get redirected and figure out what JavaScript needs to fire to fake connecting the accept button.
Even if it works, though, I assume it would be different if I tried to access a different free hotspot.
By eduperez
#45709 I would start by "debugging" the logging process for the free wifi: using a computer, see what is received when you try to access a site, and what is sent when you fill that form.