Chat freely about anything...

By saifkazi
#47191 Hey experts
I am new to esp8266 and I was working on lawn irrigation project based on esp
https://github.com/n0bel/ESPrinkler/find/master?q=
Now was thinking a way of adding ds1307 rtc to this . any one here who can guide me to do that so . so my esp remain in sync with rtc
And my other doubt is about webpage.espfs
Is it responsible for showing webpage? If yes how can I compile it.?
By Rodrigo Miranda
#47321 I am currently working on the same, connect GPIO4 (nodemcu d2) to SDA from the ds1307 and GPIO5 (nodemcu d1) to SCL. it is just that, you have to supply the ds1307 with 5v for it to work, but the i2c bus doesn't have to be pulled up to 5v, I don't know exactly if your module has pullups, I am working with the bare ic and xtal so I don't have them. In that case you dont need anything else, the ESP12 will pullup the bus for you, just check there are no pullups to 5v in SDA or SCL
By lucascastorina
#50700 I think that i have similar PROBLEMS:
I am doing a little project with the development board esp8266-12E and a RTC tiny ds1307.
I want to program the esp8266 to watch the real time in the serial monitor but it always shows me:
DATE: 0/0/0 TIME: 0:0:0.

I am programming this with the arduino ide a esp libraries for nomeMCU board.

I have tried the same program with a ARDUINO UNO and it functions very good, but changing to the development board esp8266-

12E continue to show zeros.

I also run the SCAN I2C program to see if pin D1(gpio05)-->SCL and D2(gpio04)-->SDA were incorrects and the program responds

CONECTION 1 on IP address is 0x50.
I think that this is the RTCmemory because i expect to have a 0x68 (RTC address).

LIR2032 Battery is OK
Vcc from the RTC clock is OK

Please if you know how to make it function tell me ...i have been working on it but in all this week I could not reach the
goal.
Thank you very much

DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS USED
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yptxukj07zy21 ... s.rar?dl=0
By lucascastorina
Rodrigo Miranda wrote:I am currently working on the same, connect GPIO4 (nodemcu d2) to SDA from the ds1307 and GPIO5 (nodemcu d1) to SCL. it is just that, you have to supply the ds1307 with 5v for it to work, but the i2c bus doesn't have to be pulled up to 5v, I don't know exactly if your module has pullups, I am working with the bare ic and xtal so I don't have them. In that case you dont need anything else, the ESP12 will pullup the bus for you, just check there are no pullups to 5v in SDA or SCL

HAVE you found a solution to your problem???
I think that i have similar PROBLEMS:
I am doing a little project with the development board esp8266-12E and a RTC tiny ds1307.
I want to program the esp8266 to watch the real time in the serial monitor but it always shows me:
DATE: 0/0/0 TIME: 0:0:0.

I am programming this with the arduino ide a esp libraries for nomeMCU board.

I have tried the same program with a ARDUINO UNO and it functions very good, but changing to the development board esp8266-

12E continue to show zeros.

I also run the SCAN I2C program to see if pin D1(gpio05)-->SCL and D2(gpio04)-->SDA were incorrects and the program responds

CONECTION 1 on IP address is 0x50.
I think that this is the RTCmemory because i expect to have a 0x68 (RTC address).

LIR2032 Battery is OK
Vcc from the RTC clock is OK

Please if you know how to make it function tell me ...i have been working on it but in all this week I could not reach the
goal.
Thank you very much

DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS USED
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yptxukj07zy21 ... s.rar?dl=0