Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Vinylon
#25142 Thanks for the tip, but I think that it's more likely an issue in the ESP8266WiFi library, it populates the access point config struct with a dangerous cast:

Code: Select allstrcpy(reinterpret_cast<char*>(conf.ssid), ssid);

It makes the same type of cast with the password and sure enough, passwords with _s also seem to cause issues. So I'd guess that it might be an issue with the Arduino IDE project.
Last edited by Vinylon on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By martinayotte
#25143 I'm not following you ...
do you means this cast is causing problem only with ssid/pw that contains underscores ?
I have doubt on that.
It is probably an Expresiff bug that doesn't under underscores.
It is like that 8 character requirement for password : not other APs have such requirements. ;)
By Vinylon
#25144 I guess that's a possibility. I don't have any other toolchains set up, so I can't check whether it just happens in the Arduino IDE or not at the moment, but I'll see if I can reproduce it just using AT commands.

Edit: Sadl- er, happily, I was able to connect normally to an access point including '_'s - including the same ssid/password that was failing before - when I used firmware commands to set it up. So it looks like this isn't an issue in Espressif's software.
By lethe
martinayotte wrote:It is like that 8 character requirement for password : not other APs have such requirements. ;)

That's not a bug, it's compliance with the standard. WPA passphrases may have 8-63 characters. If your AP allows you to set a shorter passphrase, you have a buggy AP.