Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By nodduino
villTech wrote:for some reason, i dont use the voltage divider.
but maybe it is better to have it with your set up.

I will try with the divider.
Another question: do you think it is possible to use Arduino in USB to TTL configuration to flash the ESP8266?
By Tomer
#3851 Powering the ESP from the Arduino 3.3V pin is not going to work properly, as the ESP module requires 300ma+, try to use batteries to power the module, it may fix your problem.
By nodduino
nodduino wrote:
villTech wrote:
nodduino wrote:Finally I have tried the same connection as above, but connecting Arduino TX to ESP8266 RX and Arduino RX to ESP8266 TX and then after having loaded the BareMinumum sketch I have tried issuing AT commands through the Serial Monitor, but in this case nothing came back, not even garbage data .
if you are trying to make use of your arduino's usb to serial, ESP tx should be connected to Arduino tx. and ESP rx to arduino rx.
arduino rx is connected to usb to serial tx. and arduino tx is to usb to serial rx.

I did not know that. I'll try with that configuration and the BareMinimum sketch. Do you think I need to have the voltage divider too on the RX side?

Today I have received another ESP8266 and tried as you suggested. Success! I was able to open the Serial Monitor and issue the AT commands to check the firmware version, list APs, connect and so on. Firmware version is 0018000902-AI03, so I was able to connect at 9600.
I assume that I have either bricked the previous one or it arrived already bricked.
Thank you everyone for the suggestions.