Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By trackerj
#50801 I have no appetite at all for ESP8266-01 modules. I am not prepared to pay the price behind the cheapness. There are a lot of reasons why they are the cheapest.

So, keep an eye on the VCC/GND lines and "use the force (oscilloscope) Luke" and check also signals integrity. You might find some interesting stuff out there.

"May force be with you!"
By Joe Job
#50802 I have some 14's but my old soldering iron was knackered and I messed up the breakout boards, found after that the 14's are bad anyway,or so I read, which do you prefer? Got 1 14 left and a new soldering iron so will be sorting them out soon.
By trackerj
#50804 From the new ones, ESP-12E / 12-F seems to be the most stable over a large number of different batches. Latest 6 months no DOA or weird crap.
Overall, I have some ESP-07 with more that 1 year of continuous run, nothing to complain about.
By Joe Job
#50877 OK thanks, I have now completed the PCB version with the ATMEGA328p-Pu and ESP-01, with this version there is no issue whatsoever with the esp being close to the sensor, still on the ESP only version there is constantly movement detected, have no oscilloscope