Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By sistemasorp
alonewolfx2 wrote:
sistemasorp wrote:
alonewolfx2 wrote:Its cool :) are you planning to add security check ?

emm... about if the code was loaded correctly or using secure sockets?

about secure socket or secure connection. this can be perfect with security upload. actually i dont want to can anyone upload hex my garage lock :)

Yes, It can be a security hole. The Python script can use TLS, however the esp8266 module cannot use secure sockets in its TCP/IP connections and standard Arduino bootloader don't encrypt/decrypt the data.
By garyservin
#4927 Hi!

Based on sistemasorp's amazing work, I've created a different method for programming the Arduino using the ESP8266 module as an AP and server mode. I had to modify the AT firmware, the Arduino bootloader and the python script to get this. You can read more here.

Hope you find it useful! ;)
By sistemasorp
garyservin wrote:Hi!

Based on sistemasorp's amazing work, I've created a different method for programming the Arduino using the ESP8266 module as an AP and server mode. I had to modify the AT firmware, the Arduino bootloader and the python script to get this. You can read more here.

Hope you find it useful! ;)

Wow, that is awesome, you have had a great work modifying the esp8266 and arduino bootloaders firmware. Enhorabuena.
By neiljackson
#7254 One good way to program the Arduino via WiFi using the ESP8266 would be to connect the ESP8266's Tx and Rx pins to the Arduino's Rx and Tx pins, respectively. However, making this work requires some way of resetting the Arduino so that it runs the bootloader. With a standard 9-pin serial port from a PC (or with a USB-RS232 cable (Prolific, FTDI, etc.)), this reset of the Arduino is achieved by pulling the serial port's DTR pin low. The DTR pin is connected to the Arduino's reset pin (through a capacitor). When DTR goes low, the Arduino resets, runs the bootloader, and if the PC commences programming before the half-second bootloader delay is up, programming proceeds. This is how the Arduino IDE and AVRDude work.

The problem with the ESP8266 is that it does not provide a DTR pin. The eventual solution will likely come in the form of a firmware upgrade for the ESP8266 that supports the RFC 2217 serial-port control protocol. With this (as yet notional) firmware running on the ESP8266, a virtual serial port program (like HWGroup's Virtual Serial Port) that supports RFC 2217 could be used to recreate the DTR pin functionality. When AVRDude commanded DTR to go low, the virtual serial port program would see this request and send the appropriate RFC 2217 commands to make one of the ESP8266's io pins go low. This io pin could be used just like the DTR pin of a real serial port.