Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Zomer
MK1888 wrote:I could never get GET requests to work with the AT command firmware. I've since moved to the NodeMCU firmware and using LUA is a delight. IMO, nobody should use the AT command firmware.

Yes, I've seen it come by more. I'll have to take a closer look at it soon. Does it support SSL?
By MK1888
Zomer wrote:Yes, I've seen it come by more. I'll have to take a closer look at it soon. Does it support SSL?

I checked, and yes, NodeMCU firmware does support SSL. Creating a connection (TCP or UDP) gives the option of SSL or normal.
By George Lopes
#10670 I would like to thank Zomer for his/her suggestion on using ("+++") . I have a sketch that collects the temperatures of 5 ds18b20s'. The GET & CIPSEND looked fine according to my Serial port monitoring (using softSerial for esp8266)but my data never got uploaded to ThingSpeak. I noticed that when I pressed the reset button on the Uno, the data would then go out (blue led on esp8266) and data was received at ThingSpeak. I added the ("+++") and all is well. Thanks again.