Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By aabella
#911 Hi all,

I'm currently developing an Arduino library for the module. It's based in a previous and tested one for a SIM900 GPRS module developed about a year ago (currently not public), that use AT commands too.
The main goal for the library was to minimize RAM usage and use non blocking methods (no delay, no while(),...) to receive AT responses, so while the module is procesing the request and preparing a response, we can do other stuff in the loop().

It works with mainly 3 set of commands:
    - Some commands to indicate what to do (i called it tasks): reset(), getLocaIP(), getConnectionStatus(), connect(), sendData(), ...
    - The doWork(int ms) function, to start doing the selected task during the amount of ms in the parameter, or less. This is tipically called each loop() iteration.
    - The getWorkingStatus(), to get if the task is starting, running, finished with errors, timedout, etc...

There are not a lot of AT commands now, but I'm sure the number is going to increase, giving access to GPIO, more control over RX data and more stuff.

https://github.com/aabella/ESP8266-Arduino-library

I'm sharing this here because everithing is better in community, so i'm glad to accept any idea you can share!!
By reaper7
#913 good idea & nice start!

I pull request to ESP8266aabella.h for support other platform.

EDIT:
You can also look on other uart library for WizFi210:
https://github.com/Wiznet/WizFiShield/t ... izFiShield
(never too much inspiration)
By aabella
#915 Thanks reaper7 for your support.

WizFiShield has a nice (and huge..) code. There are some basis there I use in my library too. Very usefull.

I've seen people who is going to start developing new firmware with more, or maybe other AT commands, so I'll leave the library as easy to modify and to include new AT commands as I can.
By reaper7
aabella wrote:...
I've seen people who is going to start developing new firmware with more, or maybe other AT commands, so I'll leave the library as easy to modify and to include new AT commands as I can.

Yes, in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8&start=20 we wrote about new commands and control GPIO :)
So... I have for tests two simple AT commands for set/reset GPIO2 (AT+GH & AT+GL)
and modified command for LIST "visible" AP (AT+CWLAP) - my shows also channel number.