Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By cyborgmax
#1820 I can connect, but the issue is if in the setup() I configure an AP after it finishes it restarts the module, and then nothing else happens in the code, so the open TCP server code is never executed, I had to configure AP manually and use the library for other tasks. I tried to modify the library to disable the reset of the module after AP configured, but no luck, (I'm new to arduino and the C coding/library scheme).

I hope someone write a wiki on this library and fix the minor issues like this one.
By CheapB
cyborgmax wrote:I can connect, but the issue is if in the setup() I configure an AP after it finishes it restarts the module, and then nothing else happens in the code

My guess is you are trying to power the ESP8266 from the arduino board. When you start the AP the current draw exceeds what the arduino can deliver and the ESP8266 reboots. try to power the ESP8266 from a better power source before trying anything else.
By Squonk
#1824 I agree, this is probably the ESP8266 power supply voltage that is dropping when RF is turned on. You can try to put a capacitor (10µF should be OK) between GND and VCC pins, as close as possible to the module header. This decoupling capacitor will help to absorb voltage transients by providing the immediate current stored in the capacitor when required.
By cyborgmax
#1834 Thanks for replying, I'm using an external power and I can clearly see the AT+RST Command run in the debugging screen following by the response of the module resetting after the AP is set, and as seen in the openAccessPoint function in the library after setting the AP the function restarts the module. The problem is after restarting the module the AP works but the openTCPServer function or anything else in the code won't even run.