Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By raz123
Lucian Marica wrote:I am wondering if it is possible to power ESP from the 5V on the arduino, using a LM317T regulator

I'm using a LM317T in the fashion you described and it works just fine for me. The TX/RX lines are connected directly to the Arduino board, no level shifting. I use an Arduino Mega 2560 board.
By ricg
#12403 i've found that putting a 1000uF electrolytic cap across pwr and gnd of the esp helps smooth out the drops in current. It acts as a bypass, meaning it will bypass the battery and release current when there is a sudden demand from the esp8266.
i've been using the 3.3v from an arduino powered from a usb connection. Seems to work just fine.
By theenggprojects
Lucian Marica wrote:Hello,

Arduino specifications state that 3.3V out can only deliver 50mA, lower than ESP module needs at peaks. I am wondering if it is possible to power ESP from the 5V on the arduino, using a LM317T regulator.

I plan to use it like in this schematic:

If you are working on LM317 then you should have a look at the Introduction to Lm317, they have also posted a Proteus Simulation which you can download from this link.