Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By longinus
inagy wrote:Also, how stable is 0.9.9.2 by you? For me the module reboots randomly. I don't understand because with the factory firmware it was okay. I'm using the Uno to power the board like i did it before, i don't think it's a power issue.

I've noticed that 0.9.9.2 will restart a lot when it receives bad commands. Instead of getting stuck in a busy state like would happen in previous firmwares.
Probably because they've added a watchdog option now...

Support watchdog, auto restart when program have errors occurred, AT command: turn on watchdog AT+CSYSWDTENABLE; turn off watchgod: AT+CSYSWDTDISABLE

Try turning off the watchdog to see if it helps.
Though if the watchdog is causing a restart, I think something wrong is happening (commands are being sent to quickly, etc)
By james
#2820 I had similar trouble with anything based on 9.2.2 would start a looping on a watchdog timeout induced reboot as soon as I configured my wireless settings. If I waited long enough it might connect, 5-20 reboots later.

I'm running from a lab/bench power supply, so I could see that I never went over current.

Its not a real fix, but I can work around the issue by running WPA with TKIP on my wireless access point.
My wireless router was using WPA2/AES which worked fine with an earlier version, my guess is something about WPA2 or AES is taking longer than the (newly enabled by default?) watchdog timer allows between resets.

Didn't see an obvious place to set the WD timeout in SDK/examples in order to test that theory.