Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By igrr
samprice wrote:Mac wont link the libraries (.a files) for me though, so im working in ubuntu lately.

Can you post the errors you are having on OS X? I'm running the toolchain natively, can take a look.
By gerardwr
igrr wrote:
samprice wrote:Mac wont link the libraries (.a files) for me though, so im working in ubuntu lately.

Can you post the errors you are having on OS X? I'm running the toolchain natively, can take a look.

Would like that too, do you, by any chance, have some kind of "Howto Install native toolchain on a Mac", that would be brilliant!
By igrr
gerardwr wrote:Would like that too, do you, by any chance, have some kind of "Howto Install native toolchain on a Mac", that would be brilliant!

I have left some notes in this post, but patching xtensa.sh and disabling static lib is no longer necessary with the latest crosstool-NG. So the only trick left is to force a specific version of grep. Apart from that, clone the lx106-g++ branch if you need c++ support.

When this site gets a wiki, i'll write a page for OS X users.
By gerardwr
igrr wrote:I have left some notes in this post
When this site gets a wiki, i'll write a page for OS X users.

Thanks igrr, it's seems that it has become somewhat easier than before. Tried the Lubuntu VM under Mac Virtual box, and with some difficulty I got the build of the AT sample working. Did not like the resulting complexity to get C code going.

Since then I've switched to the Lua-nodeMcu environment. That's a lot of fun right now, when the fun is over I'll focus on the Mac toolchain and some C-coding.