Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By prozac
#1561 Any luck with this? I am having the same issue. I have even gotten the device to lock up (watchdog has to reboot it). At first, my headers were all fine and it was just the body, now I have noticed missing chars in the header as well. Is the ESP inspecting the incoming data or something strange? I am using 922 as I needed a lower baud rate. Tomorrow I am going to do some more experimenting, but this is very frustrating!
By prozac
#1573 Having the same issue and trying to determine the best way forward.

RX buffer on the ESP is 256
SoftwareSerial RX buffer is 64

After the buffer fills, bytes are just dropped, leading to missing data.
To see if this is the issue, add a line like:
Code: Select allif (espserial.overflow()) {
  Serial.println("Overflow");
}

into the routine that is reading in from the ESP serial and writing to your output serial.

You can modify the SoftwareSerial lib and up the buffer to 256, which seams to fix a lot of this, but I would rather have some proper flow control. Alternatively, we could rebuild the FW with a reduced buffer or add an AT cmd to change the buffer size (though that might get gross). Anyone know if we will get source to 922 so we don't fork the feature set?
By Samighi11
prozac wrote:
RX buffer on the ESP is 256
SoftwareSerial RX buffer is 64

Well that makes a lot of sense. How did you determine the 256 limit for 8266? and (I will research) how can you change SS RX buffer?

I will do some testing with overflow and reduce my website data to less than 256. I will see what happens