Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Vini
#22210 Hello everyone!

First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm fresh new here, and I have to say that the work around here is amazing! All this support for ESP8266 is great! All of you that makes this website so big and full of information have reasons to be proud.

Like many of you, I have my own idea for IoT and home automation, and I've been starting my experiments with ESP8266. I already updated the module firmware, also I'm able to upload Arduino code using Arduino IDE directly to ESP with no sync problems (I've already solved them before :D ). On the next step of my experiments, I need to run and understand the example WiFiAccessPoint. The part of running is the problem. After uploading the sketch to ESP8266, I open the Serial Monitor and the dots starts to show up . . . . . . . . . and keep doing this forever! I really don't know if I did something wrong, I'm pretty sure that everything is fine.

Any of you already faced this problem? Do you know how to solve it and be able to access the test page generated by this code?

Thank you very much!
By tytower
#22231 Depends on the code you used but in it it probably has a one second dot to serial as its trying to connect . Thats telling you its not connecting so the name or pass might be wrong or encrypted?
By Vini
#22257 Hello tytower, thanks for the answer. The code I'm trying to use is the example that comes native when you add the ESP8266 board on the Arduino IDE, so the code is:

Code: Select all#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <WiFiClient.h>
#include <ESP8266WebServer.h>

/* Set these to your desired credentials. */
const char *ssid = "ESPap";
const char *password = "thereisnospoon";

ESP8266WebServer server(80);

/* Just a little test message.  Go to http://192.168.4.1 in a web browser
 * connected to this access point to see it.
 */
void handleRoot() {
   server.send(200, "text/html", "<h1>You are connected</h1>");
}

void setup() {
   delay(1000);
   Serial.begin(115200);
   Serial.println();
   Serial.print("Configuring access point...");
   /* You can remove the password parameter if you want the AP to be open. */
   WiFi.softAP(ssid, password);

while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) { delay(500); Serial.print("."); }

Serial.println("done");
   IPAddress myIP = WiFi.softAPIP();
   Serial.print("AP IP address: ");
   Serial.println(myIP);
   server.on("/", handleRoot);
   server.begin();
   Serial.println("HTTP server started");
}

void loop() {
   server.handleClient();
}

I think it's stucked on this line:

Code: Select all  while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) { delay(500); Serial.print("."); }

Where this while loop generates the dots. I've already connected to the SSID generated by the ESP8266, in this case named "ESPap", I accessed the http://192.168.4.1 and nothing seems to work.

I appreciate your help.