Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Busti
#2139 Hello,

I tried using the Due's serial ports (pin 0/1) since its the only 3.3V serial "converter" I own. But no matter how I connect the esp8266 I won't get any serial data. I have the RX / TX connected to the TX / RX pins on the Due and it is getting powered by the dues 3.3V pin. When I connect it without having the CH_PD pin on 3.3V the blue LED flashes once when it is connected it flashes twice. It also flashes when I send serial data. I also checked every baud rate (I got the newer one) and multiple different Serial monitors. I also tried connecting GPIO-0 / all pins to 3.3V with the same result.
(It is also not damaged since I ordered 10)

Do I have to install the firmware first before it does anything?

Please Help

- Busti
By diywizard
#2466 Since rx0 and tx0 is the "echo" of the communication between arduino due and atmega16u2. You can't use it for talking with esp8266, instead, I've use the following method.

I have bridged the arduino due's rx0-tx0 connection to one of other serial paires (rx1-tx1, rx2-tx2, rx3-tx3 and so on) by using due, for example I choose rx1-tx1 and connect rx1-tx1 to esp8266's rx-tx (i own an esp-01) like usual way.

Firstly upload the code that do the bridge job and below is my simple example:

Code: Select allvoid setup()
{
    pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
    digitalWrite(13, LOW); // to turn the led off
    Serial.begin(115200); // from Due to PC connection (maybe 57600)
    Serial1.begin(115200); // from esp-01 to Due connection (maybe 57600)
}

void loop()
{
    if (Serial1.available())
        Serial.write(Serial1.read());
    if (Serial.available())
        Serial1.write(Serial.read());
    delayMicrosecons(1000); // feel free to adjust this or remove it to suit your need! (spin delay).
}

Secondly, make sure your esp-01 connection is connected as i told you above but no connection for CH_PD yet then open arduino ide's serial monitor and set buadrate to 115200 with cr&lf enabled (you may try 57600 if this buadrate is not working). Now if you are ready to see some greeting of esp8266 then connect 3.3vcc to CH_PD pin and you should see some garbage and "ready" message. After this you can try to issue AT+RST or some other commands and see how it respond to the command, good luck.

If these are not clarify enough i may shot some picture or video for you on how to do if you want to, just let me know...