Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By dfoliver1968
#31565 I have two ESP-01 and the same thing is happening to both.I have it all connected to the Arduino and when I provide power the blue led goes on and it stays on. This is the same for both ESPs, so I assume there is something going on with my Arduino.

ESP-01 ---> Arduino
Gnd ---> Gnd
TX ---> RX
RX ---> TX
Vcc, CH_PD ---> 3.3v

I have tried flashing but I get "chip sync error". Any help would be appreciated. I have tried Googling and there isn't much to help.
By Barnabybear
#31576 Hi,
Vcc -> 3.3V
CH_PD ->3.3V
RST -> 3.3V
GPIO 0 -> 3.3V via a resistor (anything between 1K & 10K)
GPIO 2 -> 3.3V via a resistor (anything between 1K & 10K)
GND -> GND
Tx -> Tx (with arduino as Tx is realy Rx)
Rx -> Rx (with arduino as Rx is realy Tx)

Set serial terminal to CR & NL, baud will be 9600 or 115,200 dependant on firmware.

This will get you into normal run mode. To flash, leave the GPIO 0 resistor in place but connect GPIO 0 to ground, power off then back on, flash then remove the GPIO 0 connection to ground.
By xtal
#31585 The last time I saw solid blue, the FW was not completely loaded....
Reloading solved this time , before I had to load a different ver, then reload the ver I wanted.

I saw the sync error Wed. I was tryin a new ESP-13, after close checking I discovered that I failed to connect a ground... The model esp-13 has 1 V+ and 3 - gnds apparently separated!!!!
By dfoliver1968
#31603 First let me thank you to both for taking the time to respond. Unfortunately I am just having no luck, no matter what I try. I am starting to think I may have messed them up permanently.