Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By ricg
#7773 Have not tried updating fw. No need to do so at present.

* Found that putting a 1000uF cap across pwr and gnd got rid of random garbage that was messing up communications.
By Speshal
#8239 Thanks for that, handy to know, I've had the 05 for a while now and couldn't get it to do much but I was powering it off the Uno's 3.3v....... Yeah :lol:

I got a breadboard power supply and tried it last night and it works like a charm, I'll try your examples when I get home tonight.

All I want to do is connect it to an Arduino nano and switch a relay on and off, I'm pretty much a n00b when it comes to coding tho...

Thanks again, will report back.
By ricg
#9295 if you put a 1000uF cap across pwr & gnd the arduino nano should work. It acts as a bypass cap, meaning it will bypass the battery and release current when there is a sudden demand from the esp8266. Since i started using them i have not had any issues related to pwr. I'm using an electrolytic capacitor. But be careful to connect it properly, one lead is marked '-' indicating GND.
By aragorn
#21037 Hi, I've got same model (esp8266-05). It works but i can't change AP settings (SSID or passw) and i can't join wifi.

AT+RST
[Vendor:www.ai-thinker.com Version:0.9.2.4]

AT+GMR
0018000902-AI03