Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Calvin Martinez
#36914 I tried to connect an arduino uno to the internet through an ESP8266 module, but it doesn't connect. I tried inputting the AT commands through the "BareMinumim" example code with the baud rate at 115200 and the "Both NL & CR" as sugested in many tutorials regarding the module and the connection is successful, but when I try to use a code provided to connect the device to the internet, it doesn't work. Can someone please guide me in this matter? Also regarding tuttorials and examples, I've seen there are a lot of libraries used for the esp module like the Software serial, SPI, or WiFi just to quote some, can someone tell me if I'm using the correct library or guide me to the proper library settings to use this module? I've also tried using an Arduino MEGA just in case the Arduino UNO can't handle the requirements. Thanks in advance for the answers and the help
By Joe Job
#37288 I am in the same situation, I think the real answer is the ESP8266 was never meant to be an add on to add WIFI to an existing project, I have been going for about a week trying to get this going and it seems like you can only get it working if you program on the actual chip which is not what it says everywhere on the internet.