Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Joe Job
#37296 One week of going through tutorials, no sleep for the last two days as I have to have this project completed in two days and a hell of a lot of frustration and I can only come to the conclusion that the ESP8266 is not a way to add WiFi to existing Arduino projects despite being advertised all over the internet as it is, is this correct? After all the messing around I am left with a project in the last stage which is to connect to an MQTT broker and I now do not have enough time to order a WiFi shield or parts to make one.

I can connect to the ESP2866 fine using blank sketch and issuing AT commands via the Arduino IDE console, I can start a web server the same way but it takes about 20 minutes for a page to load, inside an Arduino sketch I can logon to the WiFi and then it just fails at sending a get request.

Can someone put me out of my misery please :D I have gone through every single tutorial I can find and none work, I need to add WiFi to an existing project (Arduino Uno) and access an MQTT broker from the Arduino board not from the ESP2866 is this possible or is not? The project is to send an NFC uid to the broker and is to receive messages from the broker and control the various sensors attached to the project, if this is not possible can anyone provide any way at all that I can use this ESP8266 to do what I need to do please, I am totally out of time for ordering any other parts.
By Joe Job
#37307 Nope haven't found that as of yet, does that allow to add wifi to an Arduino, luckily I have figured out another way of communication to the board so it is not as urgent now, luckily, will check out the doc you posted soon, have to try get this project finished not slept for two days now :( Thanks for the reply though hope it will help.
By DrG
AdamMiltonBarker wrote:Nope haven't found that as of yet, does that allow to add wifi to an Arduino, luckily I have figured out another way of communication to the board so it is not as urgent now, luckily, will check out the doc you posted soon, have to try get this project finished not slept for two days now :( Thanks for the reply though hope it will help.

Can you share the way you ended up using to communicate with the board?