Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Gnetis
#38330 Hi again,

I've finally did something with this shield :p. I used this code:

http://allaboutee.com/2014/12/27/esp826 ... d-circuit/

And I connected the rx and tx from the side of the shield to pin 2 and 3. (Remember tx goes to rx and rx to tx... according to the software) The shield (version 0.9 and 1.0) whats "esp8266.begin(115200);" That's the only one working.

So now I can send AT commands... but still there are som problems. When I send or receive more characters (say more than 6) the output/input gets scrambled. Any ideas??

Example from a 'AT+RST':
------------------
busy p...

OK

ets Jan 8 2011,rst cause:1, boot mode9(3,6)

l+‘ |:8L‚‚‚‚bc•¹�1¦N ’½½µ�Š²j
tXM ¢e
,kÍÕµ�‚ááÊ5
load 0x3gfe8000, len 776, room 4
tXM £j
,kkÕµ�‚•áj
load 0x3gfe8304 tXM Âj
chmuns(I
d I bKtr
ŒÕ(j5�!
-�2%0…!!
äsl��oÿ
Ai-Thinker Technology Co. Ltf.

seady
------------------
I did a 'AT+IPR=9600' which totally f*ck up the device. xD Not I can't send/receive anything!! (anyhow, the idea was to slow down the speed to get some proper readings). I still got one left though for testing :D
By Anttiduino
#39764 Do you use Uno and SoftwareSerial? They usually can't reach the speed of 115200, and that may be the reason why you get garbage.

I obviously have the same board, but I use it with Mega, and I have bent pins 0 and 1 of the WiFiShield so that they don't connect to Mega. Instead I have connected them with wires to pins RXI/18 and TXI/19 of the Mega board. This is hardware supported "Serial1" and works with 115200.

I replaced in your program code "esp8266" with "Serial1" and the shield begun to work. I don't know the purpose of the dip switches, but in positions Up, Up, Down, Down (from 1 to 4) the board seems to work.

AT+GMR

busy p...
AT version:0.25.0.0(Jun 5 2015 16:27:16)
SDK version:1.1.1
Ai-Thinker Technology Co. Ltd.
Jun 23 2015 23:23:50

OK
By vito404
#40353 Hi

Seems that we are more that have problems with this shield.

I tried doing as explained in https://www.gitbook.com/book/fineshang/ ... duino-user and when piggybacking the shield to my Uno I get lights in PWR (bright green OK) and rather dimmed yellow in STA and AP

when checking for wifi on my laptop I see AI-THINKER_D601A5 being broadcasted but I'm not able to connect to this. When trying with analyser tool on phone I can see that it tries to obtain an IP adress and then shuts down the connection.

I have a suspicion that the culprit is a too high power drain, although the fineshang book says max 200mA, which by the way also is what the UNO is rated at.

So the question is

Has anyone had success in piggybacking this shield to an UNO, creating a connection and executing some code?

best regards

Vito
By vito404
#40426 Hi again

I tried reproducing what Gnetis had done to see if it came out with the same result, and it did. Same story on the baud speed, only 115200 works but somewhat garbled.

So I guess next is to do a hardware serial connection, since I'm new to this that will take a little messing around :-)

concerning the wifi I found out that using my phone, android, to manually set up a connection up to 192.168.4.1 and turning off DHCP made it possible to connect to the device. Using IP tools I could see that the device indeed was broadcasting AI_THINKER_D601A5 which we also can see from the AT and that the gateway should be 192.168.4.1. I also tried to ping the device with success.

However when trying to connect to 192.168.4.1 from a browser nothing happens. I still suspect that this has to do with insufficient/incorrect power supply - I tried using a 12vdc 500mA supply on the UNO but i suspect that the rated 200mA max for this plus the 200mA max for the esp might be a little too much load for the UNO?

Next will be to split the power supply so that the esp and the UNO is independently supplied. Do they need common ground or are the IO pins isolated so that we can utilize a 3.3vdc supply for the esp and a 5vdc for the UNO?

Finally :-) Has any of you been able to connect to the esp using wifi and the Fineshang instruction?