Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By batuhanfaik
#39220 Hello everyone! I own a NodeMCU v1.0 board with 0.9.6 LUA and an Arduino Due R3 board. I would like to control my Arduino Due board with NodeMCU over the internet. (Cloudly from anywhere) I want to be able to send commands/programs to my Arduino board and log sensors (Temperature, humidity, gas etc.) that are either connected to the Arduino or the NodeMCU, whichever works. I want to be able to control servos, LEDs etc, and log sensors at the same time. I also want the board to take action depending on the data coming from the sensors. (For example if the temprature is over 25 degrees Celcius, send me an e-mail etc.) This is not that necessary but other functions are important. Are these things possible to with NodeMCU and an Arduino Due? Should I buy an Arduino Yun or an XBee to control Arduino Due? What is the best and cheapest solution for me to this project? (I don't know LUA well, but I know C, C# pretty good) Thanks for your help in advance! :)
By Mmiscool
#39221 You can certainly use the esp in conjunction with another microcontroller but why?

The esp8266 has a fully functional arduino environment. You can program it just like an arduino. Email, sensors and many other things will work right out the gate.
By batuhanfaik
Mmiscool wrote:You can certainly use the esp in conjunction with another microcontroller but why?

The esp8266 has a fully functional arduino environment. You can program it just like an arduino. Email, sensors and many other things will work right out the gate.

Thank you for the quick reply but I have no idea how to. Is there any sources that I can learn how to control servos, sensors, LEDs, Arduino's etc. with ESP? (I don't really wanna go buy another ESP, I know that NodeMCU can do everything that other ESPs do.)
By Mmiscool
#39235 The esp8266 can be used like an arduino. No need to have a secondary microcontroller.

If you go to
https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino
It has some information about how to get set up.

Also you can watch this YouTube video.
https://youtu.be/zMR0-qUUN0w

You might also check out the arduino section of the forum here.
viewforum.php?f=25