Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Necromant
#3832 [quote=DeadRabbit](.text+0x20): undefined reference to 'Wait:SPI_Idle'[/quote]
Oops, my bad. I have forgotten to push some 0.9.3-related fixes into antares master. I've just pushed them.
libmain.a from 0.9.3 SDK now requires Wait_SPI_Idle, that has only been exposed from ROM in 0.9.3, so I had to bump the ld file as well.

Do the following to update:
Code: Select allcd antares
git pull
cd ..
make

It should now compile with no problems.
By DeadRabbit
#3852 Finaly, I got it :)

Nice work, you have done here!

Maybe some little changes on the HowTo:

I found out, that on a clean install, some packages more are missing:

Code: Select allapt-get install libtool autoconf gawk texinfo libncurses5-dev expat

And when I made "make" the second time, I got the Error that esptool is an unknown command, so I downloaded

http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=304 and pasted the files in the xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ folder to get it work
Maybe you could implement this in the makefile

Greetz,

Rabbit

PS:

Three things I have to ask:

Is it normal, that the ESP breaks down after recieving a TCP-Package and disconnecting? Could be my router, so just asking:P
Is there a way at the moment to change the GPIO status over WIFI?
And the last one, do you have planed to get a function to change the baudrate?
By Necromant
#3905 Thanks for the info, I'll update the READMEs.
esptool is the external dependency to create images for now. Since the esptool.py kind of learned to create images on its own now, I'll move to it soon.

Is it normal, that the ESP breaks down after recieving a TCP-Package and disconnecting? Could be my router, so just asking:P

Yes. In Espressif's API once you start a TCP or UDP server, there's no freaking way to stop it. So far it can't be fixed even with 0.9.3 SDK.

Not yet, but you can easily hack it. See cmd_listen.c as a reference.

And the last one, do you have planed to get a function to change the baudrate?

The current (yet uncommitted) draft of frankenstein has a 'baudrate' evironment variable and baud cmd to do the changes. It will be up sometime later this week.