Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By hreintke
#37003 Hi,
I am active in the Sming framework and there is currently work in progress to include ESP32 support in there.
For ESP8266 the windows users of sming are using Cherts UDK as a base for their development environment.

Are there any plans for adding the ESP32 toolchain for windows to the UDK releases ?
If so, can you indicate the progress you have in that and, if possible, ant timelines on that ?
By maxleggieri
#37693 Many thanks CHERTS!

It seems to work well, i can complile and flash but after flashing i got nothing on the serial terminal, only some strange characters on reset.

I'm working with the new nodeMCU board (v1.2, v2, producers seems confused about the version... anyway, its the one with micro usb integrated)

Of course, i'm not interested in using lua, i want to compile and run c native programs, tried different baud rates, other windows machines but none of the "examples" folder projects works for me. It can be an issue of the new board or what?

Thank You
Max
By tiawild
#38400 Hi!
I'm trying to build the last NodeMCU firmware.
I can make the version in the example folder (Espressif\examples\nodemcu-firmware\) but not the last downloaded (v1.4) because when I try, compiler tells me:

Code: Select alluser_exceptions.c:111:5: error: implicit declaration of function '__real__xtos_set_exception_handler' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     __real__xtos_set_exception_handler (cause, fn);

What is wrong ? :|
Thanks for your help