Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By AusUser
jankop wrote:COM3?

That's weird. Do you set the correct COM port? Remember also that two applications at the same time not have access to a COM port.

Yes its correct. I was i able to communicate using putty. I learned a lot today, I installed Esplorer and was able to communicate with the board straight away. I found a lua sketch for a blink test and worked fine. Useful guide here http://theelectromania.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/esp8266-e12-nodemcu-getting-started.html

So now I understand, that out the box NodeMCU comes with a Lua interpreter preinstalled and executes Lua script uploaded form the NodeMCU IDE.

So therefore my question is, if I want to use Arduino IDE how do I first clear the Lua firmware?

Thanks for your responses, they have kept me going.
By Oldbod
#54364 One thing I've found occasionally stops me communicating with the board is baud rates. I haven't used lua, first thing I did was flash espbasic, then later expressif at, then a homebrew version of espbasic using the arduino SDK to flash board directly.

If baud rates get out of sync, it almost disappears. Does your code internally set baud rates? I notice mention of both 9600 and 115200 iirc. Don't give up, you will crack it. Btw, have you got a non w10 machine you could try it on? Just to rule out the oddities w10 put into some com port handling code? I don't think it's that, but...