Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Oldbod
#55900 Hi. Apologies if this is covered in other places but i'm new to c++ and though i can compile load run a program i'm finding following code very timeconsuming due to my inexperience. Normally i'd turn to a debugger or stick in a lot of print statements. Debugger being first choice, thought i'd ask if there is one which is recommended for this environment please?

Thanks very much!
By theenggprojects
#55961 When you are using Arduino, then Arduino Serial Monitor is your best debugger. You can print variables on your Serial debugger and can also print anything to check whether its working or not.
    You can use it from Tools and then Serial Monitor.
Last edited by theenggprojects on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Oldbod
#56017 Hi and thanks for coming back on this, I'd sort of assumed I'd posted a silly question or in the wrong place.

I wonder if there's a simpler way of doing it than manually inserting print statments. I was hoping that there might be an automated way to do this, highlight bits of code and the debugger temporarily inserts relevant monitoring prints or somesuch.maybe I'll try and knock something together, but probably less effort to read more carefully and think a bit more!

Thanks again for your help, now I know I'm not missing an easy solution!