Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Solomon Candy
#59007 Compiles successfully but in the end linker throws some errors. It gives about 5-6 errors like: undefined reference to : xthal_get_ccount ... Basically all relate to no libhal.a library file!!!. And there is no libhal.h in RTOS 1.4 or RTOS 1.5
The makefile at ESP RTOS 1.5 official github has -lhal. I mean what the what!! :x :x :x I've had enough. Nothing with ESP works the first time. Everytime I upgraded NONOS SDK it game me ulcers and now the RTOS isn't working. Do you know if you put #include <espconn.h> above #include <ip_addr.h> it giver error?? :shock: :shock: Also what is with the interdependency of library files? If you include one more you have to include another 5 just because half the code for the library is elsewhere.
On the plus side I've learnt a lot about compile process than I ever intended to. Can anyone walk me through this please?? I just want to run my code. Do I copy the libhal.a from some old version of RTOS?