Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By ThomasA
#8142 Hi

I have an application which would normally connect to the physical serial port of a device.

I am trying to figure out how to make custom firmware that will not require any AT commands to perform the serial bridging functions so that the application on my computer can connect directly to the physical serial port of the device but that the actual serial data would be transmitted and received over a wifi connection that was established by the ESP8266.

So in short, I need to create custom firmware to perform the following:

- Connect as a client to my wifi access point "Wireless"
- Obtain an IP address
- Start a TCP server on port 9998
- Accept incomming connections and transmit/receive raw serial data using the TX/RX on the ESP8266 without any other control information in it.

So essentially I think I want a serial bridge, but I do not want to put another micro controller inbetween the ESP8266 and the physical serial port to handle stuff like +IPS etc - all data should just flow like it would normally flow

Any guidelines on getting this to work would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
By lcoulon
#65198 Hello

Where could we find a tuto that will show how to setup "esp-link " to push datas coming from ESP-12 serial pins into a distant json or txt file ?

I would like to use ESP-12 to send out sensor datas issued from an external board serial interface.
Once these datas online in a json or txt file i will generate graphs.

Many thanks