Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Lotus
#7811 Pretty much all routers default to 100ms beacon intervals with DTIM=1. The esp8266 datasheet specs 1.2mA for 'DTIM=1 saving mode' and 10mA for 'deep sleep mode'. I`m assuming deep sleep mode has the uC running at full clock rate vs waking up every 100ms in 'saving mode'. Is there not a way to put the system in 'saving mode'? This should be the standard standby mode for WiFi clients that are still associated with an access point and wake up every beacon period to check for buffered network traffic.
By gwizz
gicho wrote:so if somebody steals your garden light switch and dumps SPI flash on the ESP module, he will only get access to this separate network.

Ok, bear with me if I ask a slightly OT question - but would it be possible to load the passphrase into ram during startup and then overright the flash copy? (and still be able to use this copy to provide encrypted transport?) Then you can have a 'graceful' shutdown option, but otherwise, if bad guys/gals steal your thing, they inevitably take it out of wifi range and then powerdown, loosing the keys to the kingdom!!

I'm not just thinking about Wifi passwords here, but any certificates etc. that are loaded onto devices. Or are there any such security features in the chip itself?
By bicli
#7839 Hello guys, I've been searching a way to understand how to put the chip into standby mode, which is mentioned in http://wiki.iteadstudio.com/ESP8266_Serial_WIFI_Module "Electronic Characteristics" section. I have unfortunately ESP-01, so deep sleep is out of question for me :( That's why I am in search of other means in order to decrease power consumption.

Many thanks,
Bekir