Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By aignaciors
jcmvbkbc wrote:...and you have libc.a and all other missing libraries in the /opt/Espressif/ESP8266_SDK/lib on that other machine, right? And you don't have SDK_BASE in your environment?.

Yes, in the other machine i have this libs. I try to use the first tutorial to create the SDK_BASE but i forgot what i did to make with success this makefile, in the moment the other machine isn't with me and that's i need to setup the enviroment in this machine

jcmvbkbc wrote:Well, it does one strange thing, it creates ESP8266_SDK directory, and then it mv unpacked directory into it. I believe it had to rename the unpacked directory. I'll fix that.
And I think esp-open-sdk should be preferred SDK setup method.

Thanks, but i still have one doubt, if i prefer to use the esp-open-sdk i just need to make the repo and move the folder to the same directory to adjust the PATHs? :D
By jcmvbkbc
aignaciors wrote:if i prefer to use the esp-open-sdk i just need to make the repo and move the folder to the same directory to adjust the PATHs? :D

Not sure I understand the question. You can build open SDK anywhere. Please read the 'Building' section of its readme to learn what build modes it supports and what you need to put to your makefiles for each of these modes. E.g. if you choose to build standalone SDK you only need to make sure that your makefiles can invoke the compiler/linker/flasher.