Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By joe
#10351 Connected GPIO2 to RST and tried it with "high" and "both". No luck.

There are two interpretations of this function.

The first is that if GPIO2 is connected to RST and then enabled with this function, it will allow GPIO2 to behave like GPIO16 in a wakeup scenario, i.e., it produces a pulse to wake up the device.

The alternative explanation, which is the one I thought, is that enabling this function on a pin will allow the pin to be used INSTEAD of RST to wake up the device. That's the explanation that makes sense to me because otherwise why allow all the of other edge detection modes?

Does anybody know which is the correct explanation?

I've tried each one but neither seems to work, at least using GPIO2.
By joe
#10356 Spent some time on espressif bbs (http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=171&p=617) and so I think GPIO16 is the only pin that is powered as part of the RTC module and therefore the ONLY pin that can be used to pulse RST during a deep sleep where everything except the RTC module is completely powered down.

This function (gpio_pin_wakeup) seems to (I say seems to because it's not clear to me from the incomplete explanation) be used to wake up CPU from light sleep mode, where the cpu and wi fi are powered down for some "tens or hundreds of milliseconds" which is determined by the lower level functions themselves. When the device is in this light sleep mode, you can wake it up with the pin selected with this function.
By bicli
joe wrote:Spent some time on espressif bbs (http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=171&p=617) and so I think GPIO16 is the only pin that is powered as part of the RTC module and therefore the ONLY pin that can be used to pulse RST during a deep sleep where everything except the RTC module is completely powered down.

This function (gpio_pin_wakeup) seems to (I say seems to because it's not clear to me from the incomplete explanation) be used to wake up CPU from light sleep mode, where the cpu and wi fi are powered down for some "tens or hundreds of milliseconds" which is determined by the lower level functions themselves. When the device is in this light sleep mode, you can wake it up with the pin selected with this function.

And how can you put the device in light sleep mode? So far, I've only seen/used deep sleep mode. Any help is appreciated.